Pages

Mission:

I have always been an animal lover. My dogs are possibly the most important things in the world to me. I always wish that I could do something to help shelters, but never really had the extra money to do so. I came up with this idea. With a little bit of work and a little help from all of you, we can help out. For everything I sell, I will donate half to Muttnation Foundation and the other half will go towards more supplies to keep the cycle going. Thank you all for your support!!

Monday, March 18, 2013

Rescue

Hi all!!! So, this project is going so super well and I am so excited by the generous responses so far!! Thank you all who have helped donate!

I wanted to introduce my rescue dog. This is my little guy, Dobby. Yes, he is named after Dobby the house elf from Harry Potter. When he puts his ears up it reminds me of him.


When we first got him, he was so skittish. You couldn't even walk on the wood floors without him jumping. He mostly just hid under the bed. When we tried to get him out he would snap at our fingers. Slowly, he gained our trust. He now sleeps on the couch most of the time and enjoys stealing bones right off of our other dog's paws. He's a little trouble maker.

Not only did we rescue him, but he rescued our other dog, Remus.



 Remus is always wanting to play. No amount of attention is enough for him, so now having a play buddy has really done wonders for him. He is a much calmer dog now because he is getting what he needs. He never knows when Dobby will get a sudden spurt of energy and chase him around the living room. 

It's been such a joy watching this little dog really come alive. He is now such a happy dog. When I get up in the morning he is so happy to see me. We go through the greeting every morning. Remus goes to get a toy to show me and Dobby jumps up on my knees, ears back out of content, and tail wagging wildly.

Rescuing an animal can really make a difference in your life and in the lives of your other pets. 

Thank you for the support! Kindness and generosity keep the world spinning!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment